I’m Angela Pallan
I Specialize in Individual, Family, & Couples Counselling;
I’m fluent in English, Hindi and Punjabi
Credentials: Registered Clinical Counsellor (R.C.C.)., M.A. Counselling Psychology, B.A Child and Youth Care Counselling,
Years of Experience: 15
Phone Number: 604-836-6066 – Email: email@example.com
I am supervised by a Registered Psychologist
Extended Health Insurance Coverage:
There are many insurance companies that provide coverage for counselling. Please contact your insurance provider to determine how many sessions you are covered for, what the coverage amount per session is, and what benefits are covered with a Registered Clinical Counsellor. I ask that my clients pay for the counselling services at the time of provision. You will be reimbursed for your therapy sessions by your insurance provider. I will assist you in anyway that I can to help with the coverage process. Please contact me for further details.
My approach to counseling is to provide an emotionally safe place for you to talk openly about what issues are bothering you. Through respectful, professional and a friendly manner, I listen attentively to your experiences. I am client-centered and will ask you to start where you feel comfortable; dedicating my time to focus on what is troubling you.
Jointly, we will explore your personal issues, determine your goals and develop a treatment plan that works for you. Through therapy, it is my hope that you will move towards a more positive outlook on life and about yourself through empowering you with feelings of wholeness and well-being. I am committed to being part of your healing process and will support you all the way.
To respond to the personal needs of the individual/ family to help enhance their social, psychological and emotional well-being through offering professional counselling; providing a safe, supportive and friendly environment while maintaining the highest standards of Ethics and Integrity.
I feel it is important to begin where the individual feels comfortable, using a wholesome approach, keeping therapy solution-focused and strength-based.
Through the therapeutic process, individuals will effectively experience positive emotional changes in their lives and enhance the quality of their well-being.
Additional Information about this Counsellor
- I am a Registered Clinical Counsellor, a parenting group facilitator, and a Healthy Families Counsellor.
- I have my Masters in Counselling Psychology and a Bachelor’s Degree in Child and Youth Care Counselling.
- I am a Family Counsellor serving children, adolescents, couples and families in Surrey, South Surrey, North Delta, South Delta, Langley, Richmond, and Vancouver.
- I am registered with Crime Victim Services (who provide funded coverage for victims and witnesses of crime and abuse).
- I have completed Level 1 and Level 2 training in Gottman Method Couples Therapy in my therapy work.
- I have been working as Healthy Families Counsellor at Deltassist for the past nine years. I work with Ministry mandated clients and have the experience in helping individuals and families work through the various issues that are interfering in their ability to parent effectively or maintain a healthy relationship. My goal is to help increase their skills to better their situation. This includes marital counselling, psycho-education in parenting skills, helping them understand the importance of attachment, and helping them better manage their mental health concerns while dealing with other life situations.
- I also currently work with many Indo-Canadian Families on various presenting conflicts including family violence, addiction, abuse, parenting issues, cultural/ inter-generational differences between parents and children and needing assistance in connecting to community resources, such as legal aid. As I am fluent in Punjabi and Hindi, I can assist clients in communicating their needs with outside resources, while also speaking to them in a language they are familiar with, in individual or family sessions.
- I have the experience of working as a Child and Youth Counsellor for over five years in a high school and community setting. I have worked with adolescents to address personal issues such as assertiveness, self-esteem, to build communication skills, help set boundaries, decrease and better manage stress, anxiety and depression and have mediated sessions between parents and adolescents to deal with cultural and inter-generational differences and various other parent/ teen conflicts.
The first step would be to contact me to arrange for a free thirty minute phone consultation. This assessment meeting would allow me to gather information and get a sense of the issues you may be facing. It would also allow me you to ask any questions you may wish to clarify, allowing you to get a better sense of who I am and if you feel I could benefit you. Once it’s been established that counselling would be helpful for you, we would arrange for our first session.
- Together, we will develop an action plan. I will provide you with referrals and resources that will assist you in reaching your goals.
- These sessions will vary from 60 minutes to two hours, depending on what you and I decide would suit your counselling needs.
My hours are flexible and I am available mornings, evenings, and on weekends. Telephone appointments are also available.
- Average Cost (per session): $110-150.00
- Sliding Scale: Yes
- Accepted Payment Methods: Cash or Cheque
I am supervised by a Registered Psychologist